Your booking is initially a request, subject to availability. Your booking is not confirmed until the Provider – SUP BRO Paddle Boarding NZ – has accepted, this could take up to 48h. You will receive a separate email confirmation if the booking is accepted, including your request details. A booking is confirmed once a booking form and payment have been received. The balance is required before the activity commences.
Changes by you
If, after a booking has been confirmed, you reduce your numbers and give us insufficient notice the payment will be forfeited for any cancelled members. Sufficient notice is 48 hours for coastal SUP tours, lessons and fitness activities, 7 days for boat trips and 14 days for school groups. If you fail to give us sufficient notice of your reduced numbers we will not offer you a refund.
You must notify us in advance of an increase in numbers, we will endeavour to accommodate an increase wherever possible.
Cancellation by you
SUP BRO Paddle Boarding NZ operates a 48 hour cancellation policy on our coastal SUP tours, lessons and fitness activities. Should you cancel your session after the 48 hour window has closed, you will be charged for the session and not issued a replacement session. No refunds are given for missed or cancelled sessions.
For our boat trips we operate at 7 day cancellation policy. Cancellations within the 7 day window of a boat trip will not incur a refund. Cancellations outside this window will receive a full refund.
If you cancel before the 7 day minimum notice period you can reschedule by contacting us. All rescheduled sessions are subject to availability.
Changes or cancellation by us
We reserve the right to make decisions to cancel or postpone any activity or experience based on a lack of sufficient numbers, weather, genuine safety concerns or any other events or circumstances beyond our control that prevent operation.
In the event of cancellation by us we will offer an alternative activity, date or credit note (valid for a year). We do not issue refunds. We advise you to take out insurance against cancellation.
Sadly, we cannot control the weather. In the event that the weather is unsuitable SUP BRO Paddle Boarding will provide suitable safe alternative. In particular, customers accept that the itinerary stated in the trip details is indicative only and not a guarantee that a particular route will be followed or place reached. Whilst we endeavour to carry out our SUP sessions, minimum numbers, instructor availability and weather conditions, if it is very windy or there is torrential rain, we have to reschedule your session with us. We will always contact you to advise you as soon as we are able to discuss the options with you.
We advise guests to bring adequate thermal protection for the activity.
Paddle boarding venue
SUP BRO Paddle Boarding will meet you at the agreed paddle boarding venue, this will be confirmed 1 day prior to the activity as we need to monitor the weather forecast closely as otherwise it can affect the activity as stated above.
Please ensure you arrive in time as the session starts promptly which includes briefing, distributing kit, safety briefing, instruction on the water, and getting changed. If you are late, it not only impacts you and other people booked onto the session and reduces your time on the water.
Insurance & liability
SUP BRO Paddle Boarding NZ has a comprehensive public liability policy with an indemnity limit of $2 million. SUP BRO Paddle Boarding NZ makes all arrangements for all activities and services they provide on the condition that it shall not be liable for any sickness, injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity which may be occasioned, either directly or indirectly, by reason of any defect in any equipment, vehicle or vessel, by weather, by any other cause, or through acts of default of a company or person engaged in conveying the passengers, or in carrying out arrangements for these activities. We are happy to provide a copy of our certificate should you need one. Bookings DO NOT include personal travel or accident insurance. Please ask your insurer for details of the necessary cover for taking part in outdoor activities. By making a booking, you confirm that you have made your own assessment of the risks of the activities and services in which you participate in relation to your booking and of any insurance arrangements that may be required in connection with them.
Guests will at all times during the course, in the interest of safety, promptly comply with all reasonable instructions or advice given to them by the team at SUP BRO. If they fail to comply with such instructions or advice, or have the safe ability to paddle, we reserve the right to exclude them from the session and do not accept any responsibility for any liability, loss expenses or damages arising because of their failure to comply. During the activity we will assess your skill level. If we feel your skill level is not adequate or safe before embarking on an activity, we reserve the right to exclude them from the session.
You must inform SUP BRO Paddle Boarding of and medical conditions that may affect your experience with us prior to the activity date. This includes, but is not limited to, heart problems, asthma, allergic reactions, epilepsy, low/high blood pressure. All guests who have booked onto the activity need to be able to swim more than 50 meters in light clothing.
Pregnant women can partake in SUP activities. However, it is advised to check with their doctor first. They must be aware of the dangers (falling on board on stomach, injury to unborn, etc.) and they must consent they are fit and healthy and can partake in the activities. We recommended pregnant women are experienced paddlers only.
Damage to kit
SUP BRO Paddle Boarding NZ has high quality equipment and therefore we expect our guests to look after it. Damage or loss to our equipment caused by negligence, malicious acts or carelessness must be paid for at the time at current replacement value.
Consent – Photography and film
Please notify SUP BRO Paddle Boarding NZ if you do NOT consent to the use of photographs and video recordings of yourself taken by SUP BRO Paddle Boarding NZ.
We consider your booking details to be confidential and will not pass on your details to a third party under any circumstances unless required to do so under law.
- SUP BRO Paddle Boarding NZ Gift Vouchers are redeemable against any activities provided by SUP BRO Paddle Boarding NZ
- Gift Vouchers cannot be used to purchase Gift Vouchers
- Multiple Gift Vouchers may be redeemed in the same transaction up to the value of the activities being purchased
- Gift Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash
- Gift Vouchers must be submitted with the participant on the activity
- Gift Vouchers will expire on the date marked on the Gift Voucher, a 12 month expiry. Gift Vouchers presented after their expiry date will be treated as void and are non-exchangeable and non-refundable
- Please treat Gift Vouchers as cash in terms of security. Gift vouchers cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or damaged
- Gift Vouchers cannot be returned or refunded, except in accordance with your legal rights
- SUP BRO Paddle Boarding NZ reserves the right to refuse to accept a Gift Voucher which it deems to have been tampered with, duplicated, damaged or which otherwise is suspected to be affected from fraud
- SUP BRO Paddle Boarding NZ reserves the right to change any of these terms and conditions from time to time without notice and to take appropriate action including cancellation of the voucher if, at its discretion, it deems such action necessary
- The guest is free to request their preferred date within the Gift Vouchers validity period, however it is dependant on availability and, in some cases, may be subject to weather conditions
- To avoid disappointment we recommend that guests book well in advance. SUP BRO Paddle Boarding NZ may occasionally be able to fit in a booking at short notice. We recommend booking as early as possible as you must have undertaken your activity before the expiry date of your Gift Voucher which is 12 months after date of purchase. We strongly advise that you do not make any travel, accommodation or other arrangements until you have received confirmation of your booking. Once a date has been booked with us your Gift Card will be deemed to be used at that point
- Some paddle boarding activities are subject to restrictions. These could include (but are not limited to) age, height, weight, physical and medical restrictions, and may vary so please check before making your booking
- We reserve the right to vary the prices of the activity which we offer.
Promotional discount offers
Promotional offers are sometimes provided. When using the Promotional discount it is restricted to a limited duration. When making a booking, the guest is free to request their preferred date, however, it is dependant on availability and, in some cases, may be subject to weather conditions. Some paddle boarding activities are subject to restrictions. These could include (but are not limited to) age, height, weight, physical and medical restrictions, and may vary so please check before making your booking.
With certain activities SUP BRO Paddle Boarding NZ requires a certain amount of participant to participate in order to run an activity. If we are unable to fill the places, we will have the right to cancel or propose alternative dates.
Once filmed, SUP BRO Paddle Boarding NZ will send the files via Google photos or we can place them onto a personal USB. Please specify the date you wish to hire the GoPro. Subject to availability. Damage or loss to SUP BRO Paddle Boarding NZ equipment caused by negligence, malicious acts or carelessness must be paid for at the time at current replacement value.
Any extension of the hire period must be agreed in advance of the extension. If SUP BRO accepts an extension then additional charges will be requested.